Saturday, June 14, 2008

When life gives you lemons...





Well, how does it go? When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. That's exactly what we did. Well, not actual lemonade, but we did make the most of a pretty crappy situation. Since my James is a pilot we get to fly for free. This sounds great, right. Well, sometimes it can be. Other times it's not. We were suppose to meet James in Miami yesterday. I've been missing the beach terribly and was super excited. When we made it to Charlotte, NC I was getting even more excited. Then the downward spiral began. It seems everyone and their brother was trying to get to Miami also. As other standby passengers went up to the gate counter and were met by sad faces and sometimes laughs from the gate agents, I knew it wasn't going to be a good day.



But after missing two flights and being told they all looked pretty bad, the boys and I made an executive decision to stay in Charlotte. We checked into the lovely Econo Lodge that Austin picked out from the airport poster. They had everything we needed to enjoy ourselves: a pool, free breakfast and Cracker Barrel within walking distance. The pictures are of us enjoying ourselves in what felt like our own private pool. I worked on my tan and we all swam a lot. We swam not once, but twice yesterday. That's a good day in my book. I knew it was a success when as we laid our heads on our pillows, the boys said, "We didn't need to go to Miami to have fun."


Here's hoping James and I make it to Myrtle Beach next week while the boys are at church camp. Wish me luck!

No comments: