Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dylan's 10!!!!!!!



It was a sad day for me yesterday. My baby turned 10 years old. He is no longer in the single digits. For those of you with small children, this might not seem like such a big deal. But trust me it is. You start thinking about how he'll be a teenager in three years. Then driving in three more. Then out of the house in two more. I have to stop thinking about it.

Really it was a great day. I spent most of it at school, my last day hooray! James took the boys and three of their friends to the neighborhood waterpark. They had a great time swimming, going down the waterslides, having a picnic and receiving some hot sunburns. Then I came home with Dylan's Indiana Jones birthday cake. We enjoyed cake and ice cream with the boys, then shooed them away so we could go to the movies. When we sat down to watch Indiana Jones, Austin informed us that he forgot to put in his contacts. So, Austin watched the movie on the front row, while James, Dylan and I went further up. There were some pretty scary parts for a 10 and 11 year old. James and I kept waiting for Austin to run up where we were, but he didn't. He must be growing up!

After the movie we went to Red Robin, the best hamburger place ever! While Dylan was on the phone talking to my mom, the waiter was taking our drink order. I slyly mentioned that it was Dylan's birthday and he was talking to his grandma. Later, while we were eating, Dylan threatened to hurt me if I told the waiter it was his birthday. He missed the previous statement. I was hoping the waiter would think about coming over to sing. Sure enough, not long after Dylan threatened to hurt his dear mother, along comes the Red Robin staff carrying balloons and a sundae. He wasn't too embarrassed. He just hid behind the balloons. But he did enjoy the sundae.




Lastly, the boys did some male bonding playing Rock Band (Dylan's present) together. I never got a turn and ended up falling asleep in the big leather recliner. Birthdays are exhausting!

2 comments:

alorilee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN. I am sorry I forgot to call you. I am going to put you something in the mail. I hope you had a great day. And from the sounds of things you did. I am usually so good at remembering things like this but I guess I must be slacking. You are growing up way to fast. Hope to see you ALL soon.

Love Lori

Pam said...

It is hard to believe that he is ten now. They are going up so fast.