Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a busy time!





Well, when I last left you, we had just returned from Memphis. My life has been a whirlwind since we got back. I returned to school where I had to finish up testing, grades and report cards. We had a field trip to the park, where a child was lost for about an hour (not one of ours, but still very scary). Friday was field day where I received a great sunburn. Then it was off on another trip, with Buster in tow, to Nashville. These pictures are of Austin and Dylan at a gas station in Metropolis, Illinois (Home of Superman). Of course, I didn't want anyone labeled as "the girl", so we had to trade positions and take more photos. Once we arrived in Nashville, we celebrated my mom's birthday at my sister Sharon's house. Then it was off to Castalian Springs to stay at Pam's house for two days. I was taking care of my nephew Ethan, who just had cleft palate surgery. I forgot how exhausting it is to take care of toddlers. That's why I have no pictures of Ethan and Hannah. The boys enjoyed spending time with family, but then it was time to come back home.

After returning home at 10:00 on Tuesday night, it was back to school at 7:00 am. I was greeted with many hugs and "We sure are glad you're back, Mrs. Roberts." Maybe they do appreciate me after all. Most of last week was spent filling out records, packing up my room and watching movies. Everyone at work keeps telling me how much they'll miss me and how they can't believe I'm giving up teaching. It probably won't be forever, but for a good while. It definitely feels right. I wasn't sad at all packing all my stuff into the basement. Instead it felt more like relief. Just two more days!

No comments: