Friday, August 29, 2008

God's Angels

Okay. My heart is finally beating again. Today Austin was out riding his bike. He came running home to get me yelling that a kid had been hit by a car. So, I take my cellphone and walk up the street wondering who it could be. All the while thinking it might be one of the new neighborhood kids who just moved in last week. Dozens of cars are parked on the sides of the road. Police and fire trucks are parked blocking the entrance to our subdivision. As we make our way closer to the chaos, a neighbor stops to tell me who it is. I literally gasped as I heard the name of the daughter of our friends THE HONEYS.

Austin was so concerned. He kept telling me she was laying on the ground when he came to get me and there was blood everyone. My mind immediately started thinking about the Chapman's and their sweet little Maria. After the ambulance left with her I could see her poor 16 year old brother just standing there recounting the events to police and neighbors. He had been walking just in front of her and had seen the whole thing. Neighbors stood around and talked about how cars in the neighborhood drive way too fast on the front street of the subdivision.

The two younger boys are now in my basement playing video games with Austin and Dylan while their big brother, Mom and Dad are at the hospital with the daughter. We've been told the Cat scans were fine and it seems everything will be okay. She's in some pain from all the cuts and bruises, but thank God she is alright. I'm so glad God's angels were protecting her from a far more tragic ending. I'm also thankful for our wonderful neighborhood. It was great to see many of the moms come together to lift up this family in prayers and take care of everything.

Poor Austin and Dylan. The reins going to get a little tighter for a while.

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is scary. I am glad we live where we do so that the kids have plenty of room to run.