Friday, July 4, 2008

Where have I been?


I checked out the blog today to go visit my friend Sabrina's blog when I noticed the date of the last post. Oh my gosh, where have I been? Of course, I have been working on an online real estate course for about two weeks now, so I guess I do have an excuse not to be blogging like a mad woman. But I haven't been a terrible mother, ignoring my children. I have taken a couple of days here and there to have fun with them.

The other day we went to the water park. Dylan had been putting on the guilt trip a little bit about doing nothing fun. So, I turned off the computer and off we went. It was a cloudy day and very windy. I was freezing. How can someone be freezing on an 80 degree day? I don't know how, but I was. So, I laid out on the chair, with my shirt still on. Austin and Dylan went in the pool. After about thirty minutes they came out shivering with blue lips. They were whining about wanting to leave. I was thinking, I just paid nearly $20 for us to be here. We are staying, get back in the pool. Over the PA system came a saving voice: "A balloon animal maker will be down by the kiddie pool. If you'd like a balloon animal get in line. Oh yeah, it's absolutely free." The boys decided to get in line. They proceeded to wait about an hour and a half! But the wait was worth it. They were so patient. Lots of kids ended up giving up and getting out of line, but not Austin and Dylan. The balloon animals were amazing! The guy was stationed right next to my chair, so I got to watch him make the animals. He was very talented. Austin got a Road Runner and Dylan got a monkey on a banana tree.

Right as the boys got their balloon animals, the clouds parted and out came the sun. I babysat the balloon animals while the boys went down the water slides and played some more in the pool. I even ended up getting a little too much sun on my face. I didn't think I needed my floppy hat on such a cloudy day. Oh well, lesson learned. It ended up being a great day after all.

James and the boys are in Kentucky this weekend. I'm staying home to study for my state/National real estate test. I finished my first real estate course. I'm taking the test on Monday. Then I'll have another short course to take. My plan is to be finished before we leave for Mexico on the 14th. I want to have guilt free fun while I'm there. Oh well, I guess I'll get back to work. Just wanted to let everyone know we are still alive and having a great summer.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Love the balloon animals! Abbi got one at the beach (giraffe) but she couldn't resist taking a bite out of it!!! :-)

Hope to see you all this summer!