Monday, July 7, 2008

I passed!

Well, today I went to take my state and National exam to be a real estate agent. I wasn't really nervous on the way there. I had been taking practice tests all weekend and did well on them. I really felt prepared, until I walked in the building. After checking in, I sat down, waiting to get started. Three other guys walked in who had already taken the test before and failed. Suddenly I had butterflies in my stomach. They talked a little about how hard the test was. Oh I wanted to throw up.

Then I sat down at the computer to get started. After answering the first three questions, I wanted to start calculating how many questions I thought I was missing, but no I had to focus. By the end I thought for sure I had failed. When I clicked the "quit" button I closed my eyes as if I expected the screen to turn red and say, "YOU FAILED YOU BIG LOSER!" I nervously walked out to collect my scores from the proctor. He handed me the first piece of paper out of the printer and said, "These are the instructions for applying for your licence. They only give you these if you pass." It took a second for it to register what he was saying. Once my brain caught up with my ears, I did a quiet little jump. (Others were still testing) What a relief!!!

Of course, I had to call James and tell him the news. When I got home, Dylan greeted me at the door to say congratulations. What a sweet boy. I'm so excited to get started. It's still weeks down the road before I really get started, but I think I just jumped the biggest hurdle.

No comments: