Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Wonderful Husband

Today I spent the day at the Saint Louis Zoo with a bunch of first graders!!!!!!!!!! My wonderful husband met us there and helped me out. It would not have been fun without him. Thank God I had one of my student's aunt who came also. She took five of them around the zoo. The other four lost their priviledge to attend due to behavior issues. We had so much fun. Some of these kids had never been to the zoo before (it's free too)! It was sad to see how some of them were scared to be near the exhibits. They did feel more comfortable as the day went on and all had a great time.

Once we returned to school, those left behind were told tales of our great adventure. Mr. Roberts was the topic of much discussion. One of my boys said his favorite part of the day was when Mr. Roberts said, "Okay guys, here's the deal. If the lions get loose, it's every man for himself." We also heard many accounts of "Mr. Roberts acted like he was going to throw me in with the (fill in any animal)" and "Mr. Roberts tickled my back, I thought it was a bug." James spent a lot of time with one of my little boys that I would love to adopt. So many of them don't have great home lifes. It was great to see James showing them an example of what a great father acts like. I hope it's an impression that stays with them. It was a fun day!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I can so hear James saying all of these things and doing all of them also. It is good that the kids did get to spend some time with him.