Saturday, May 17, 2008


Last week Austin had his first band concert. He had spent the last two weekends practicing his trumpet at home in preparation for the concert. Our dog, Buster nearly died prematurely on first hearing the trumpet being played. I laughed so hard I had to leave the room. At first, it did sound like a wounded animal, but even Dylan the music critic had to agree it sounded much better after two weeks of practice. I was so proud of Austin at his concert. There is a video, but I can't get it to upload to the blog. I'll try to get it on later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I didn't know Austin was learning the trumpet. I laughed out loud at the thought of Buster's reaction to his first attempts. He looks like a pro sitting there though.

Pam said...

I can just imagine what that was like. I'm glad it was getting better.