Friday, July 10, 2009

Missouri Botanical Gardens

Last week I took the boys to the Missouri Botanical Gardens with my friend Doug. The boys & I had never been there before. They have lots of pretty plants. The kids really enjoyed the mazes & anything that featured water.
I love lillies. If I ever adopt a little girl, I'd name her Lily. Here's Dylan standing next to some pretty lillies.
Most of the kids standing in front of the Chihuly glass onions. At least that's what they look like to me.
Pretty peppers. We kept daring each other to eat one.
Trying out the macro setting on my camera.
Austin was staying cool in the shade. He was very tired after having stayed up all night at our church. Some of the junior high boys were having a lock-in.
I don't know what this building is, but I like it. Reminds me of an English cottage.
We were getting a lesson about this old tree. It has lightning rods & is grounded so that it won't get struck by lightning!
I dared Austin to touch the cactus.
Silly brothers
Landon, Doug's youngest, is too cute!!
If you look closely in the middle, you can see Doug with most of the kids down in the Japanese garden.
The boys were trying to touch a turtle. I'm trying to convince the boys that Swimmy should go live there. She'd have a huge pond to swim in & lots of family. But the boys asked, "What if those other turtles don't like Swimmy?" To which I replied, "Swimmy's friendly, of course they'd like her!" I don't think I've convinced them just yet.
The girls are resting in the shade while the boys continue to try & touch a turtle.
Mr. Chipmunk
Our only successful attempt at getting all the kids in one picture.
Dylan in the "pool" at Tower Grove Park. This is where we had our picnic. The kids had fun splashing in the water. It cracked me up that they had a lifeguard on duty. I know, I know. A child could drown in a couple of tablespoons of water, but seriously. Should we have lifeguards stationed at every wading pool/fountain around the country?
Landon, Clayton, & Aiden (with the gun). Aiden & the kid in the red shirt almost got into a fight. Then they were the best of friends. Boys are too funny.
Brenden loved the skates we had in our trunk. I had been meaning to take them to Goodwill for months. So glad we found someone who would enjoy them.
The adults were chillin in the shade while the boys played in the water. It was a fun day. Boy were we tired. Austin & Dylan slept the whole way home. If James would have been with me, I think I would have slept too. But since I had to drive, I don't think sleeping would have been a good idea.






1 comment:

Pam said...

I agree that sleeping on the way home for you would not have been good. Dylan is looking more and more like James everyday.