Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bunny Love







Yesterday I fell in love. In the past we have owned two different bunnies as pets. Hunny Bunny was my beloved class pet for my kindergarten class in Florida. We bought him as a baby & he was raised by kindergarteners. He was the sweetest bunny I'd ever seen. He hopped around my classroom & played with the kids. At story time, Hunny Bunny would stretch out & prop his ear up so he could listen to the story. We'd also take him to the playground on a leash & let him hop & dig tunnels in the sand. When we moved away from Florida, we couldn't take Hunny Bunny with us. He stayed behind in a first grade class with some of the kids who had been in my room the year before.

Once we moved to Missouri, we missed Hunny Bunny a lot. We talked a lot about getting another pet bunny. Then a friend of mine that I taught with gave us a bunny. It had been her sister's & she couldn't keep it. We were so excited to have a new bunny to love on. Only problem was Smokey did not like being loved on. She'd tolerate Austin, but hated the rest of us. She ended up running away to live with the other wild bunnies in the neighborhood. After that I swore I'd never have another pet bunny. I thought for sure Hunny Bunny was one of a kind & I'd never find another bunny as sweet as him. Until yesterday...

Our neighbors rang the doorbell. As soon as I saw those little bunny ears my heart melted. They came inside & we banished Buster to the backyard. Cuddles, the bunny, hopped around the family room. He went from person to person giving out sweet bunny kisses. He licked my chin! I'm utterly in love with this bunny! Don't tell Austin, but I just might be reconsidering the ban on bunnies in the Roberts house.

1 comment:

Pam said...

He is so cute. I want a bunny.