Monday, December 22, 2008

Black Eyed Boy

Okay, this picture does not do this injury justice. I literally started crying when I saw it the first time! Friday, Dylan comes running home from his friend's house, holding his eye. Of course, my heart stops. I started thinking, "Great, we just canceled the insurance & now we have to go to the emergency room!" But then he removed his hand & I saw the black eye. My first thought was, "What did you say to Ben?" Of course, I didn't think Ben was the type of child to punch his friends in the eye, but Dylan can have a bit of a sarcastic smart mouth at times. But instead of accusing I asked, "Oh no, what happened?" Turns out, Dylan was playing capture the flag with some neighbor boys and slid in the mud. As he fell, his face smacked into the underground utilities cover. Thank God it is in the shape of a dome and not squared off. Two days later, the swelling is going down some, but it's still lots of pretty colors. Well, this boy just shaved off a few more years from my life. BOYS!!!

No comments: