Saturday, October 4, 2008

Run, Dylan, Run!

On Wednesday, Dylan participated in his first cross country meet. Here's the kids at the start of the race. I was very confused. Having never been to a cross country track meet, I had no idea how it worked. All of a sudden the whistle blows and hundreds of boys take off running. The mother in me was scared Dylan would be trampled in the mass of boys, but he was okay. They had "rabbit runners" who lead the race, so the other boys would know what route to take.
Here's Dylan getting ready to cross the finish line.
He just crossed the finish line. I took this picture a second too late. I got him behind the girl instead of crossing the line. You can see his foot. He's right behind the girl in blue.
He was holding his neck. Turns out one of the boys in front of him knocked down a hive in the woods. A lot of the boys got stung. Dylan was stung in the head and on the neck. Thank God he's not allergic. He had fun running. Notice his new braces! He just got those last Thursday. He only has four brackets. They are pink and blue, so they're a little hard to see. I took a lot of pictures with my phone, but I still don't have a cord to download them to the computer. Oh well.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Did you tell him that Daddy ran cross country in school? Have you told Daddy that he is running. leave it to Barbara to worry about her boy getting trampled.